Re: [gdm-list] GDM crashes ubuntu 10.04

On Mon, 2010-05-10 at 12:01 -0500, Brian Cameron wrote:

>  From your description it sounds like your system is crashing at random
> times, which I assume means that sometimes your system crashes after
> authentication and after your user session starts.  GDM does very little
> after the user session starts, and it is very rare for crashes after the
> user session starts to be related to GDM at all.  There are some
> exceptions (such as when using a multi-display environment such as a
> terminal server when a crash when logging into one display can cause
> other displays to crash, but such problems tend to be very isolated to
> particular and unusual configurations).

I understand. Interestingly, at the time of one of my crashes from
yesterday I happened to have two thin clients logged on to me (I'm the
server) and they continued along without noticing. It would seem that
the crash just affects my own desktop (and apparently keyboard/mouse
too) but not the core system.
Either way, do you suggest that I head over to
http://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users for more help?
Thanks,
David