Re: [gdm-list] Enable root

Hi,
> I am not sure if it's good place to ask but seems to be the only place.
> How can you enable "root" in the auto login field in settings?
> I can't find any sensible answer on the forums and you are probably the last
> resort.
The root login restriction is probably imposed by a directive in

/etc/pam.d/gdm

The contents of this file tends to change from distro to distro,
though, so YMMV.

Note, things probably won't function exactly right if you run your
session as root.  The account isn't just disabled for hazy "security"
reasons or whatever.  The root account is not as functional as a
normal user account in various ways.

--Ray