Re: [gdm-list] gdm desktop selector

Hi,

> in this remixed fedora live version we have put into three kind of
> desktop: gnome, kde and lxde/xfce
>
> circumstances that:
> the common user has no password,
>
> the question is:
> the gdm desktop selector on the bottom menu does not show the desktop
> switch before password request
>
> ...but if the password does not exist gdm throws you into the desktop
> default without showing the dektop selection
It's a bug in GDM right now.  We have this fixme in the code:

                /* FIXME: If the user wasn't asked any questions by pam but
                 * pam still authorized them (passwd -d, or the questions got
                 * asked on an external device) then we need to let them log in.
                 * Right now we just log them in right away, but we
really should
                 * set a timer up like timed login (but shorter, say
~5 seconds),
                 * so they can pick language/session.  Will need to
refactor things
                 * a bit so we can share code with timed login.
                 */

The bug has existed for a while, but we just haven't fixed it yet.

In the mean time, I'd suggest setting up timed login.  If you used
timed login for this case, then the user will have time to pick a
session.

--Ray