[gdm-list] Password complexity not enforced at the gdm login screen (UNCLASSIFIED)

Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Hi,

    I am having issues with enforcing the password complexity rules
    if the following actions are taken:

       - After logging in with a non-root user on a Solaris 10 server,
and then forcing the user's password
         to expire so that that it has change it on the next login (
passwd -f "username")

       - logging out

       - and then logging back as the same user, prompts to change to a
new password.

             -- at this point, any password can be entered without
enforcing any of
                the complexity rules

    After reviewing the gdm archives, I understand that gdm is just a
pass-through for the
    username/password combo and pam.conf is the configuration file for
setting the password
    complexity.

    Is there a setting in gdm.conf to utilize the pam.conf settings or
is this an issue which
    needs to be addressed.

    Please Advice,

Thanks,