[gdm-list] Why is PostSession skipped at shutdown or restart?

Hello,

On Ubuntu 10.4 (using GDM 2.30.0) GDM only runs PostSession
script at logout; never at shutdown or restart.

Is this by design? Or should I add a bugzilla entry?

(I can obviously work around this feature using an init script,
 or moving my PreSession and PostSession configuration to my
 session managers. Still, a PostSession facility, which is
 not actually run at end of a session, only at logoff, seems
 perverse to me.)

And to make this clear: This is definitely not a timing issue.

You can verify and reproduce this trivially by putting
	#!/bin/sh
	touch /var/log/gdm-postsession-timestamp
into /etc/gdm/PostSession/Default.

The file timestamp is refreshed only at logoff,
and not at shutdown or restart.

Cheers,
	Jouko