Re: [gdm-list] Multiseat status in 2.30

On Tuesday 06 July 2010 18:14:11 mariodebian wrote:
> El mar, 06-07-2010 a las 10:45 -0500, Brian Cameron escribió:
> > Paul:

> > > Do we get enough testing this way?
> >
> > I think so, but I guess it depends on your definition of "enough".  Note
> > that Oracle has been delivering GDM with these patches with the latest
> > OpenSolaris releases, so that everyone who uses a recent OpenSolaris
> > release is testing the code.  So it is being used in production.

> > > I know my distribution. They will say: "Debian is not a testing
> > > playroom. You can put it in "experimental" or on your site."
> > >
> > > They will only do it, when you do it.
> > >
> > > If you do it now, there is a change that it comes into the next stable
> > > release (and in Ubuntu and other Debian derivates).
> > >
> > > In Debian there is both the old GDM and the new GDM.
> > > http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/gdm
> > > http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/gdm3
> > > http://packages.qa.debian.org/g/gdm3.html
> >
> > The GDM community is working to determine how to best add MultiSeat
> > support to GDM.  How quickly this will happen, though, is anybody's
> > guess.  The MultiSeat patches have already slipped several releases.
> >
> > Brian
>
> Microsoft is moving in this sector, they launch Microsoft Multipoint
> 2010 Server some time ago (less than one year) and they are talking with
> local government administrations to sell this product.
>

> Multiseat works better in linux platforms than windows (no RDP, no
> network) and we have the opportunity to win in this (mostly educational)
> range of users.
>

> Please, apply multiseat patches in master, since gdm 2.20, there is no
> way to configure Multiseat sessions (no gdmdynamic)
>

> Greetings
>
> --
> http://mariodebian.com
That's why i asked the question in an earlier post if it is possible to start
a non-handled xserver with the new gdm just like it was possible with the old
gdm.
The reason is because nvidia dual head cards and the nvidia driver do not
supply multiseat.So with this multiseat-consolekit-gdm setup it's only one
seat per nvidia vga card.(ati cards far to buggy)Economical not so good.
If it would be possible to start a non-handled xserver(:0), one could start a
xephyr, xnest or other server to each display(:0.1 or :0.2 etc..)
Or is this impossible?