Re: [gdm-list] gnome-screensaver authenticates users through GDM

Jeff:

I have a doubt: Can two X servers be running for the same set of DISPLAY
at the same time? If yes, how can I know which server what I input goes
to?

No, I do not believe you have have two Xservers running for the same
DISPLAY.  However, using VT switching, you can provide a second Xserver
on a different VT to manage the lock screen - though it would be running
with a different DISPLAY.

Brian