Re: [gdm-list] Two-Factors GDM login screen?

Alessandro Bottoni schrieb:
Il 18/02/2010 10:35, Jörg Barfurth ha scritto:

Many thanks for your prompt reply, Jörg.

PAM handles this by stacking multiple authentication modules. As a
result the authentication is serialized. This would also apply to GDM:
You first get prompted for one of the passwords (for the first module)
and then the login screen changes to ask for the second password.

And, as long as I can see, there is not any way to change the label used
to identify the password entry box, so the user must be instructed to
enter the right passwords sequence.

The password prompt comes from the PAM module. I hope that any decent PAM module for dynamic OTP authentication does not ask for just 'Password'.

In some modes they actually need to display a challenge first (or as part of the prompt).

- Jörg

--
Joerg Barfurth
Software Engineer        mailto:joerg barfurth sun com

Sitz der Gesellschaft:
Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Thomas Schroeder, Wolfgang Engels