Re: [gdm-list] Two-Factors GDM login screen?

Il 18/02/2010 10:35, Jörg Barfurth ha scritto:

Many thanks for your prompt reply, Jörg.

> PAM handles this by stacking multiple authentication modules. As a
> result the authentication is serialized. This would also apply to GDM:
> You first get prompted for one of the passwords (for the first module)
> and then the login screen changes to ask for the second password.

And, as long as I can see, there is not any way to change the label used
to identify the password entry box, so the user must be instructed to
enter the right passwords sequence.

> AFAIK there is some work in planning to allow more flexible mixes of
> authentication methods and GDM screens to reflect that, but I don't know
> what the status is of that.

I do hope PAM and GDM will evolve in this way. Having a more
refined/secure authentication pattern is becaming a more and more
important selling point (see the today's news about ZeuS and Kneber
botnet).

In the meantime, I will try to get the most from the current implementation.

Thanks again for your help.

--

Alessandro Bottoni
Website: http://www.alessandrobottoni.it/

"When men are pure, laws are useless; when men are corrupt, laws are
broken."
     -- Benjamin Disraeli