Re: [gdm-list] Help & & I want to be part of the fun with GDM

On 23/08/2010 18:35, Brian Cameron wrote:

Frederic:

I have tried to implement a pam module that is setting the user but gdm greeter insists on displaying the list of users and waiting for a selection. I have
tested with gdm 2.30 in Ubuntu 10.04. Is it a known issue or have I done
something wrong ?

You probably need to configure GDM to turn off the Face Browser.  The
Face Browser assumes that you are using the standard PAM module.

You can read how to turn off the Face Browser by checking the
Configuration section of the GDM manual for the version of GDM you
are using:

  http://library.gnome.org/admin/gdm/

Brian,

Thanks for the help. It works now. The only thing I would have liked is to avoid to have to push the Connect button to have the pam dialog activated. Is it avoidable ?

Thanks,
Fred

begin:vcard
fn;quoted-printable:Fr=C3=A9d=C3=A9ric Lepied
n;quoted-printable:Lepied;Fr=C3=A9d=C3=A9ric
org:Splitted-Desktop Systems
adr;quoted-printable:Route de l'Orme des Merisiers;;B=C3=A2timent Aristote - Parc des Algorithmes;Saint-Aubin;;91190;France
email;internet:frederic lepied splitted-desktop com
title;quoted-printable:Directeur de l'innovation et de la strat=C3=A9gie produit
tel;work:+33 (0)1 69 30 73 34
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.splitted-desktop.com/
version:2.1