[gdm-list] Pam locale not being read by gdm

Hello,

I am using gdm 2.24 version of Suse 11.1 and it is not reading my .mo files of PAM modules. pam_unix2.mo is located at /usr/lib/locale/pt_BR.UTF-8/LC_MESSAGES/pam_unix2.mo  and also /usr/share/locale/pt_BR.UTF8/LC_MESSAGES/pam_unix2.so.

GDM strings are being read correctly, but PAM locale is not working. I saw in some debian lists that you should put   a
uth required pam_env.so envfile=/etc/default/locale but I don't have any /etc/default/locale file in Suse.

This problem occurs just with GDM, because other programs that use pam(like login) is working perfectly.

I tried to load gdm with strace to see if the syscall open() with pam_unix2.mo as parameter appears, but with no success (strace in login command works).

Any ideas?

thanks, global