Re: [gdm-list] how to use authentication feature of GDM in a screen saver

On 04/ 9/10 05:33 AM, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
i actually wonder how to integrate fast user switching with screen
locking. the basic switching interface (outside an active session)
should be most probably just a login screen with the list displaying
which users already have active sessions, and the cursor focus the user
who's session was last active. but i wonder whether one should get
straight into that mode or whether it should be reached via a separate
menu point from a more classical "user bound" screen lock.
I have already tested this way. But in certain cases (VNC server/client, for example), you can not start a new screen lock session and switch to it. We plan to use the old gnome-screensaver way for this case but with gdm to do PAM authencation.

Regards,

Jedy