Re: [gdm-list] Multiseat: gdmgreeter does not start on the first server

Paul van der Vlis schreef:

> I have tested with:
> /usr/X11R6/bin/X :0 -nolisten tcp -layout seat0 -novtswitch -sharevts &
> /usr/X11R6/bin/X :1 -nolisten tcp -layout seat1 -novtswitch -sharevts &
>
> I can start one of them without problems, but when I start the second
> one when the first one is still running, the first one has problems.
> The mouse does not move anymore, but I can still start an Xterm when the
> $DISPLAY variabele points to that screen.

I have it working now.

Isolating the devices did the trick, with a command like this:

/usr/X11R6/bin/X :0 -nolisten tcp -layout seat0 -novtswitch -sharevts
-isolateDevice PCI:01:00:0

Before I thought it would be enough to give that ID's in xorg.conf, but not.

I don't think it's important, but I also use now symlinks to
/usr/X11/R6/X. Links like /usr/lX11R6/bin/X0 and X1. More info here:
http://blog.chris.tylers.info/index.php?/archives/14-Multiseat-X-Under-X11R6.97.0.html

It works with GDM too.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.