Re: [gdm-list] Multi-seat and multi-display support design

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 7:48 AM, Ray Strode <halfline gmail com> wrote:

> On the other hand, I don't think the X server is going to be using HAL forever.
> Some people want to split HAL up into DeviceKits and udev policy, so
> whatever solution we come up with, we may be changing it again the
> future...

I think what Xorg really wants is to not implement its own
cross-platform hotplugging infrastructure. So, the fact that it's HAL
today and maybe DeviceKit in the future I don't think is that
significant to Xorg (except that someone would have to write the new
code). For the degree that X uses HAL (tell me when an input device
has come or gone and a few pieces of info about it), I don't think
that would be a huge change over to DK. On the other hand, figuring
out the interaction with ConsoleKit sounds like it would take much
more thought.

--
Dan