Re: [gdm-list] Multi-seat and multi-display support design

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 8:14 PM, Ray Strode <halfline gmail com> wrote:

> In a multiseat world, we want the X server for a given seat to only
> open the devices that belong to that seat.  ConsoleKit is the registry
> of seat information, so the X server may need to be changed to query
> ConsoleKit.

Since HAL (or DeviceKit) is already working with ConsoleKit, maybe it
would make sense to put the seat information in the HAL database. So,
you could have an integer info.seat. Then Xorg would match for
info.seat in addition to input.x11_driver.

Of course, at some point Xorg would need to become seat aware to make
that reasonable. So, maybe it would work better for Xorg to listen for
input events from HAL and then ask CK if it can use that device.

--
Dan