Re: [gdm-list] Change the Screen that the GDM Login displays on

Chris:

I have figured it out. in gdm.conf there is option called XineramaScreen which you can set to the screen you want the login to display on. It still seems really weird I wasn't able to find anyone else trying to change the screen or anywhere that documented that setting.

Did you read the GDM documentation for the version of GDM you are using?

http://library.gnome.org/admin/gdm/2.20/configuration.html.en#configfile

Also, the /usr/share/gdm/defaults.conf configuration file contains
comments which explain each configuration option.  It says:

# Xinerama screen we use to display the greeter on.  Not for true
# multihead, currently only works for Xinerama.
#XineramaScreen=0

Brian

Chris Beley wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how I can select which screen my GDM login will show up on. What's curious is that my main screen (the screen that console shows up on and my main screen when I start KDE) is not the same screen that the GDM login manager shows up on.

So far I've had no luck finding out anything. Any help would be appreciated.

--Chris

P.S. Knowing how to have the login screen mirrored on both screens would be nice too.