[gdm-list] gdm-binary CPU usage

Hello,

    We recently switched from the default dtlogin over to GDM at work as we were having significant issues with DNS through XDMCP using the old dtlogin process and GDM works extremley well and solved all our issues with regard to DNS so thank you very much to the author for that!

    Recently we have been having an issue where after having our Solaris 10 box up for a week or two the master gdm-binary process and 1 or 2 of its children begin eating up CPU and it exponentially gets worse as time goes on. I think it may be related to users who do not log out correctly or for some reason the gdm-binary child isnt terminated correctly upon logout. if I do a PS and GREP for gdm-binary you can see that the processes using all the CPU are the ones that have been up the longest, like on the order of days.

I searched the list archives and google and found a couple hints at setting AlwaysRestartServer to true in order to shut down xsessions upon logout and re-create the process, this setting was set true already in our config file. I also read that there is a feature in solaris that allows the x server to run as the user rather than root, is this refering to allowing gdm-binary to run as the user rather than root? if so, we would like to enable this but we cant find instructions on how to set it up could anyone point me in the right direction on that as well? Anyone else run into this gdm-binary CPU usage problem? Any ideas on how to prevent gdm-binary from running amok like that?

   We also ran into a new issue today in which the server has stopped accepting conncetions despite having bumped the max allowed sessions up to 100. users will attempt to login to the server but the XDMCP request never gets answered by the server so our client xdmcp request times out.

I will be most greatful for any help you can provide on this.

Thanks!
Brandon