Re: [gdm-list] Requesting for assistance

manarshi das:

Thanks a lot for your response . But Sir still I have same difficlulty in logging in as normal user . I am sending you the /etc/passwd file . I have a user called student . Please help me .

What is the output of "ls -ld /home/student"?  Based on your /etc/passwd
file, this is the $HOME directory used by this user.

If this directory doesn't exist, make sure you create it and make sure
it is owned by the user student with 755 permissions.  If it doesn't
exist, the following commands should work:

mkdir /home/student
chown student /home/student
chmod 755 /home/student

Brian