Re: [gdm-list] How to set gdm to remove a kernel module before restarting X?

I want to remove and then re-load fglrx module before restarting X
server, I'm using gdm, how can I set gdm to automatically do this?

Normally the Init script is used for running programs when the GDM
GUI starts.  However, it is run after the Xserver starts, so it
probably isn't what you want.

You could, perhaps, write a script that starts the Xserver the way
you want, and modify the GDM configuration to use your script
instead of just running the Xserver directly.  Such a script
could reload the module, and then start the Xserver.  This would
ensure that the module is reloaded before starting X.

Refer to the GDM documentation for more information about how its
interfaces work, such as the Init script or how to configure the
Xserver used.

Aside from that I am not sure.

Brian