Re: [gdm-list] error building gdm

Chihau:

GDM 2.20 and earlier supported using the system pasword
file or shadow files or PAM.  However, since GDM 2.21,
it only supports PAM.

You could use the older GDM 2.20, or if you (or someone)
wanted to enhance the new GDM to support these features
then I'm sure a patch would be accepted upstream.

It probably isn't too much work to forward-port the
2.20 features to the new GDM.  While not a huge amount
of work, the codebase is quite different so it isn't a
trivial task either.

If you aren't good at coding, then you could probably
find a consultant within the GDM or GNOME community who
would implement this sort of feature for a reasonable
hourly fee.  I'd imagine it wouldn't be more than a few
day's or a weeks work.

Brian

Hi, I am trying to build GDM Revision 6802 from svn.

but I have this error when I run ./autogen.sh script

configure: error: "PAM libraries not found"