[gdm-list] Document hint about 'command' in gdm.conf?

Hi,

I recently wanted to replace the command to launch the X-server in
gdm.conf with a custom shell script. At first it failed, then I found a
mail in this list pointing out that it is important to get the signals
back to gdm. After this useful information, I could easily make it work
like this:

#! /bin/sh
ddcprobe | grep -q 'edidfail'
[ $? -eq 0 ] && screen=LCD || screen=CRT

# exec must be used, so all signals will go back to gdm!
exec /usr/X11R6/bin/X -screen $screen -audit 0 "$@"

Now I wonder, if the information about using exec in a custom shell
script might be worth to be included in the documentation? It could be
put as a note to the 'command' section in gdm.conf perhaps? I'd be
willing to write a few lines if this is considered useful :)

Kind regards,

   Wolfram

--
  Dipl.-Ing. Wolfram Sang | http://www.pengutronix.de