[gdm-list] getting caps lock status

Hi everyone,

I am currently working on the KeePassX project (www.keepassx.org) and I have been trying to implement a feature request to warn users that caps lock is on when they are inputting a password.  It's a Qt application, and I've looked through all of the documentation on trolltech.com but I can't seem to figure it out by looking at their classes.  I know gdm does this so I downloaded the gdm source RPM and extracted it.  I then tried to look through it and figure out how gdm is getting this.  Unfortunately, I'm apparently not smart enough to know how this is happening.

Can anyone provide any hints on how to determine the caps lock status on a machine?  Ideally I would like this to be cross-platform (Linux, Windows, Mac) but any pointers you might have are appreciated.  I have found some websites suggesting that windows.h has this capability, but obviously this is not cross-platform.

Thanks!

--

Brandon Mayes