[gdm-list] Executing a command before login window

Hello,

First of all, I would like to thank you for the great job.

I have an NVIDIA graphic card (8800GT) with a buggy driver that makes
it run the fan at full speed all the time. As a workaround, I would
like to run the command "nvclock -f -F 40" to reduce the fan speed.

The command must be executed anywhere after X loads the nvidia driver.

Is there a way that I can run that command some where between when the
driver is loaded and when the gdm login window appears ?

I tried to create a startup script in /etc/rc*.d that executes the
command after GDM starts but this didn't work.

I am using Debian Etch/ Kernel 2.6.18-5-686/ GDM 2.16.4/ Xorg 7.1.1

Any hints would be appreciated.
Saber.