Re: [gdm-list] GDM D-Bus on Solaris

On 8/31/07, Brian Cameron <Brian Cameron sun com> wrote:
> However, the greeter doesn't seem particularly functional for starting my
> session.  A dialog comes up and asks "Prompt".  If I type something and
> hit the OK button, the dialog disappears and things just hang.  If I hit
> the Cancel button it also does the same thing.

If it says "Prompt" that means that it isn't being commanded by the
GdmSession to ask a particular question.  And indicates a problem...

> Do I need to install libpam-ck-connector or something?  I notice the following
> debug messages in my syslog.  It seems that the greeter is sending my
> username, but the answer is empty for some reason.  I think the DBUS
> destroyed message might have been caused by my killing the Xserver with
> Ctrl-Alt-Backspace, but am not sure.

No you don't need libpam-ck-connector.  Seems like one of the
processes is dying.  Can you try attaching a debugger to the various
gdm processes to find out what is going on?

Jon