Re: [gdm-list] at-spi-registryd not starting automatically in gdm [was multiple at-spi...]

On 9/1/07, Francesco Fumanti <francesco fumanti gmx net> wrote:
> Hello Brian,
>

> What is puzzling me however, is that in Ubuntu 7.04, at-spi-registryd
> is also located in /usr/lib/at-spi/. And there, registryd starts.
> Ubuntu 7.04 uses gdm 2.18.1.
>
> In my tests of yesterday, the variable command had the value
> /usr/local/libexec/at-spi-registryd. Could this be related to the
> fact that I did a configure without --prefix? Not that the wrong
> value of LIBEXECDIR can be caused by me not doing ./configure as I
> should!?

Yes. First, since you didn't use --prefix, the default of /usr/local
is used. Next, since you didn't specify --libexecdir, the default of
${prefix}/libexec is used. Hence ${libexecdir}/at-spi-registryd is
/usr/local/libexec/at-spi-registryd.

> I will add links to these emails in the bug report in Ubuntu. Maybe
> somebody more knowledgeable than me can do the fix. Otherwise, I will
> try my best; probably in two weeks.

I'll try to send you a patch a little later today so you can specify
--at-spi-dir=/usr/lib/at-spi. If you know that autotools, it's a
pretty trivial change.

--
Dan