Re: [gdm-list] at-spi-registryd not starting automatically in gdm [was multiple at-spi...]

Hello Brian and Dan,

 > I don't think Francesco needs to really test this change.  The patch
 looks right and it should work.  I'd say that the build folks at
 Ubuntu should probably just make sure this patch fixes GDM to set
 this value properly.  As long as Francesco knows how to workaround
 the problem, he can continue with his development work.  Another
 workaround would just be to create a symlink.

Right, I thought of that later. He should just force the right value
into gui/gdmcommon.c for now.

It's good to know that you don't need me to test it, because I don't know whether I will have the time before leaving for holidays; I will not be online from Tuesday evening, until the 13th.

The only way to reliably do this is to do the substitutions in make
where they will be fully resolved. But that's beyond the scope of this
change, so I'll send you a cleanup patch so that the AS_AC_EXPANDed
vars are used throughout configure.ac.

I have sent an email to the ubuntu-desktop mailing list, with links to this thread, in order to inform the maintainer of the desktop in Ubuntu (hence also of gdm) about the probable release of a fix.

Moreover, the bug report in Ubuntu about this issue is linked to the correspondent bug in gnome. Consequently, if the bug status in gnome will be updated, ubuntu will be automatically informed.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gdm/+bug/135903

Thanks to both of you.

Francesco