[gdm-list] GDM2 2.20.1 (stable), the "Lets Be Hopeful" Release
- From: Brian Cameron <Brian Cameron Sun COM>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org, gdm-list gnome org
- Subject: [gdm-list] GDM2 2.20.1 (stable), the "Lets Be Hopeful" Release
- Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 17:23:51 -0500
If you have no clue what GDM is, refer to the documentation links
at the bottom of this announcement.
The 2.20.1 release is a stable release of the GNOME Display Manager
(GDM) program with the following bug fixes and improvements:
- Now gdmlogin and gdmgreeter treat Tab like enter if the focus
is on the entry field. This addresses usability issues as
described in bug #433495. (Lo\357c Minier)
- Fix bug that was causing the user's default language/session choices
to not get saved properly if they didn't already have a $HOME/.dmrc
file. (Brady Anderson)
- Fix bug with XDMCP logic that was causing GDM to get confused
about when the maximum number of XDMCP sessions has been reached.
- Fix an issue that was causing the username to be logged as a debug
message when using GDM configured to use crypt or shadow passwords
(instead of the default PAM). This could cause the user's password
to get saved as a debug message if the user accidently typed their
password into the username field when using crypt/shadow passwords.
No longer translate debug messages in general. (Brian Cameron)
- Set stdout/stderr to DEV_NULL when spawning at_spi_registryd and
the prefetch program, fixing a hanging problem. (Huang Peng)
- GDM now always sends the daemon a response before exit to avoid a
hang. (Ray Strode)
- Fix gdmXnestchooser and gdmsetup so debug isn't on by default.
- Updated the gdmgreeter themes so that they display correctly
on 800x600 displays. (Dave Fincher)
- Build/configure fixes for Solaris. (Brian Cameron)
- Translation updates (Sunil Mohan Adapa, Gil Forcada, Duarte Loreto,
S\303\255lvia Miranda, Ankit Patel, Ignacio Casal Quinteiro,
Note: GDM2 was originally written by Martin K. Petersen <mkp mkp net>.
Much work has been done on GDM2 by George Lebl; and Brian Cameron
now currently shares maintainership duties with the Queen of England.
Note2: If installing from the tarball do note that make install
overwrites most of the setup files, all except gdm.conf. It will
however save backups with the .orig extension first.
Note3: Note3 has been depracated ...
#endif /* GDM_DISABLE_DEPRECATED */
Online Documentation - http://www.gnome.org/projects/gdm/
Latest Stable - http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gdm/2.20/
Latest Unstable - http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gdm/2.21/
Bug Reporting - http://bugzilla.gnome.org in the "gdm" category.
] [Thread Prev