[gdm-list] a tiny background patch for mccann-gobject branch

Hi Jon,

In fedora 8, we use an animated slide show background by default.
It's an xml file instead of an image file.  This fails to load with
the simple greeter (since it's not an image) and subsequently the
greeter crashes.

The attached patch addresses the crash.  The slide show stuff isn't
upstream yet, I believe, but when it lands, it might make sense to
have the greeter use those apis, so the slide shows work from login,
too.

--Ray