Re: [gdm-list] [RFE] A modular gdm greeter

hi simo,

On Thu, Oct 04, 2007 at 06:15:27PM -0400, Simo Sorce wrote:
> [snip]

omg, so much explaining for something as self-evident as this. :-P
it's fun to watch you discussing stuff i implemented in kdm ... uhm ...
3 years ago. :-P
of course it's less fun to know that to date only two plugins exist
(classic and winbind) and people are complaining about the lack of a
generic plugin. :}
</smartass>

watching your rants about pam is very amusing, too - it seems every dm
developer comes to these conclusions sooner or later (i'm sure you want
to read
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdebase/workspace/kdm/TODO?view=markup
(the "pam sucks" part near the bottom)).
it's just unfortunate that the pam devels still didn't realize that the
pam architecture is from the early 90's. my attempts at talking to them
all went down the drain.

regarding the multiple stacks vs. intelligent stack handling i lean
towards multiple stacks in separate processes, too. it's just waaay less
hacky.