Re: [gdm-list] GDM Question

On Nov 30, 2007 10:22 AM, John Pierce <john j35 gmail com> wrote:
> Hello list members!
>
> I have installed Fedora 8 on two of my machines and I have a question
> concerning gdm and xdmcp.
>
> It seems that no matter what I change in the gdmsetup screens or in
> the config file there is never an
> option to run the xdmcp chooser.  I am behind a firewall on my local
> network and have turned off the
> built in firewalls, but still nothing.

You mean even regardless of changes you make in the configuration (GUI
or /etc/gdm/custom.conf), GDM ignores it?  Fedora 8 ships with GDM
2.20.0 which has major XDMCP problems.  You should at least upgrade to
GDM 2.20.2 which includes fixes for reading XDMCP configuration.  It
would not hurt to also apply this patch
<http://bugzilla.gnome.org/attachment.cgi?id=99719> over GDM 2.20.2.

On my Fedora 8 terminal server, I downgraded to GDM 2.18.  :)

Andrew