Re: [gdm-list] GDM session shutdown - how to execute an script before apps are killed.

Thanks Dan & Brian,

   The reason I need this is quite trivial that's why I didn't mention it
:)

   In my home desktop, I have a startup script that automatically runs
azureus which is a java application, and leaves it running minimized as a
tray icon. I use Ubuntu Feisty (although the same annoying problem has been
happening in all distros I used, since years ago).

   When I shutdown the machine using the regular gnome's System > Quit, if I
don't manually close azureus, then the next time I turn on the machine,
azureus will complain with an error message that "it was not tidily
shutdown". I asked the azureus guys, they told me that to programatically
and "tidily" shutdown their app I can use "killall -SIGHUP java", which
works fine when executed *within the session*. I've been seeing this error
message for like 2 or 3 years now, and now I want to get rid of it :)

(there are reasons I can't replace azureus with other BT clients, and why I
need to automate the loading)

   So I've been asking around again and again and came to various
suggestions, all around the /etc/rc.d and /etc/init.d/gdm  scripts, with
which I played, and that helped me to realize those were executed after the
gnome session  was over.

   Dan: your suggestion looks promising and I will give a try later today...

thanks!!!!