Re: [gdm-list] gdm request - choose local Xserver at login

On Wed, 2007-06-06 at 14:29 +0200, Pascal Ronecker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use a laptop, and somteimes it is connected to a "big screen",
> somtimes not.
>
> What I do now is :
> - in xorg.conf, I declare two "serverlayout"
> - in gdm.conf I created two [server-xxxx] entries using the
> appropriate -layout option to match the xorg.conf

I have hacked /etc/X11/prefdm file on my Fedora7 box, and add a if-else
construct to check if my laptop is docked or otherwise using dmidecode .

	$ dmidecode|grep -i docked

set xorg.conf to default single head
If laptop is docked
	then use dual head xorg.conf
end if

You could check out read-edid, instead of dmidecode if docking stations
are not used .

http://john.fremlin.de/programs/linux/read-edid/