[gdm-list] gdm request - choose local Xserver at login

Hi,

I use a laptop, and somteimes it is connected to a "big screen", somtimes not.

What I do now is :
- in xorg.conf, I declare two "serverlayout"
- in gdm.conf I created two [server-xxxx] entries using the appropriate -layout option to match the xorg.conf
- gdm always starts 2 X servers, one for each layout

So, when I bootup my laptop, AltF7 / F8 gives me the ability to choose the display I 'd like to use.

Matter is : then another x server is always there for nothing. Not a big thing though, a small footprint and no CPU whatsoever, but anyway, it isn't "clean".

gdmflexiserver provides the ability to choose and start another Xserver _once_already_logged_in_

What would be *great* I think, would be to choose the display at the login screen.
-> gdm starts only one xserver (the default one from gdm.conf)
-> a dropmenu gives the choice between all the [server-xxxx] entries (just like gdmflexiserver proposes)
-> once the choice made,  gdm kills the current X and restarts the one chosen.

Thx for your advice on that idea,
or maybe another way of doing what I'd like to.