Re: [gdm-list] gdm request - choose local Xserver at login

Thank you !

You're right concerning the "end-user" confusion, and choosing the session is certainly better.
I now need to convince our sysadmins team to upgrade ... (we are still using gdm 2.8.0.7 !!!)

One thing though :
if a user chooses a session supposed to use only an external monitor, and that monitor is not connected to the laptop,
they, he's screwed up.
For sure it's not a gdm matter, but maybe someone here knows if there's a way to detect if a device is plugged.
(say : I choose a wrong session, X tries to starts but fails to detect the monitor, so it switches back to session choice)