Re: [gdm-list] working around a broken shift key

Yan:

If you put such calls in the /etc/X11/gdm/Init or /etc/X11/gdm/PreLogin
scripts, that might work.

Brian

Is there a way to set up a global xmodmap that works for gdm?

I'm trying to work around a broken shift key (it gets stuck in the down position), so I'm using

xmodmap -e "clear shift"
xmodmap -e "add shift = Shift_L"

in my users' .xinitrc

The problem is that if the shift key gets stuck on the login prompt, noone can log in....

So I need to turn it off for gdm as well.

I've tried adding the above lines in

/etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc

but it seems that it fails as X isn't running yet.

So... Where do I put the above lines so that they take effect with gdm as well?

Thanks,

--Yan