[gdm-list] multiple pam prompts at the same time?

Hi,

When I remind people that KDM's PAM support is broken and they
better use GDM I always get to hear that GDM doesn't support asking
for username and password at the same time. KDM's way to do that is
a nasty hack but since PAM modules can create conversations with
multiple prompts there is no need for such hacks IMO. pam_unix2
already supports asking for username and password at once. Now
applications just need to make use of it :-)

Are there any plans to support multiple text entries and messages at
the same time rather than processing one after another in gdm?

If you want to check how gdm behaves with weird pam conversations
you can try this module:
http://www.suse.de/~lnussel/pamwrapper/pam_testprompt-0.0_SVN39.tar.bz2
(alternatively http://software.opensuse.org/download/home:/lnussel/SLES_9/src/)

cu
Ludwig

--
 (o_   Ludwig Nussel
 //\   SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Development