[gdm-list] machine names in themes

I want to build a single greeter theme, host it on the main server, and export it via nfs. Each client would then mount it, and use it. The kicker is that each machine has its own icon, so I want to also have a directory of icons by machine name also exported via nfs.

When the client creates it greeter screen from the theme, I want it to use its own icon.

I've done this in the past with symlinks, but it was a real headache to administer.

It would be much cleaner to be able to say, file=%m".jpg" but that's only allowed in text nodes and not item nodes....

--Yan