[gdm-list] GDM2 2.17.7 (unstable), the "Dharma" Release
- From: Brian Cameron <Brian Cameron Sun COM>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org, gdm-list gnome org
- Subject: [gdm-list] GDM2 2.17.7 (unstable), the "Dharma" Release
- Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 15:02:54 +0800
If you have no clue what GDM is, refer to the documentation links
at the bottom of this announcement.
The 2.17.7 release is an unstable release of GDM with the following
- New sockets command FLEXI_XNEST_USER and FLEXI_XSERVER_USER. This is
used to start login procedure by programs like gnome-screensaver and
the Fast User Switch applet. (Matthias Clasen)
- Improvements to PAM logic so that it works more generically with PAM
modules. (Ludwig Nussel)
- Better fix for not showing the face browser if the userlist is empty.
This avoids a needless selection "changed" signal from getting
generated. (Ludwig Nussel)
- Fix so ConsoleKit logic does not use dbus-glib bindings to using the
lower level API instead. Fixes bug #400793.
- Fixes for compiler warnings and for c99 compile issues. (Ludwig
Nussel and Jens Granseuer)
- Avoid catching sigchld when trying to call XOpenDisplay. This
corrects an issue where GDM catches a second SIGCHLD when trying to
restart. This causes the slave to freeze even though the Xserver and
the session are killed, causing the display to no longer manage.
- Improvements to PAM documentation in GDM docs. (Brian Cameron and
- Translation updates (Djihed Afifi, Theppitak Karoonboonyanan, Priit
Laes, David Lodge, Duarte Loreto, Daniel Nylander, St\303\251phane
Raimbault, Hendrik Richter, Alexander Shopov)
Note: GDM2 was originally written by Martin K. Petersen <mkp mkp net>.
Much work has been done on GDM2 by George Lebl, and Brian Cameron
currently shares maintainership duties with the Queen of England.
Note2: If installing from the tarball do note that make install
overwrites most of the setup files, all except gdm.conf. It will
however save backups with the .orig extension first.
Note3: Note3 has been depracated ...
#endif /* GDM_DISABLE_DEPRECATED */
Online Documentation - http://www.gnome.org/projects/gdm/
Latest Stable - http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gdm/2.16/
Latest Unstable - http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gdm/2.17/
] [Thread Prev