Re: [gdm-list] GDM D-Bus on Solaris

On 8/29/07, Brian Cameron <Brian Cameron sun com> wrote:

> Jon:
>
> Sorry for the follow-up, but Artem mentioned to me the following:
>
> ---
>
> Do 'prtconf -v' and look for the "display" node. You will see properties like these:
>
>              display, instance #0
>                      name='model' type=string items=1
>                          value='VGA compatible controller'
>                      name='subsystem-vendor-id' type=int items=1
>                          value=000010de
>                      name='subsystem-id' type=int items=1
>                          value=00000168
>                      name='device_type' type=string items=1
>                          value='display'
>                      name='unit-address' type=string items=1
>                      name='class-code' type=int items=1
>                          value=00030000
>                      name='revision-id' type=int items=1
>                          value=000000a2
>                      name='vendor-id' type=int items=1
>                          value=000010de
>                      name='device-id' type=int items=1
>                          value=0000018a
>
> As you can see, we already map some of these to HAL's pci.* properties. The
> 'class-code' above corresponds to pci.device_class. So the patch would be
> something like:
>
>  >       if (di_prop_lookup_ints (DDI_DEV_T_ANY, node, "class-code", &i) > 0) {
>  >              class = i[0];
>  >          }
>  >          hal_device_property_set_int (d, "pci.device_class", class);
>
> If you can confirm that that's what your code needs, I can provide you with a
> test HAL binary. It's an easy fix. If what you need is more elaborate, then most
> likely I won't have time for that.
>
> ---
>
> So, Jon, do you think this would fix the problem?  If so, I can get a test
> binary from Artem and see if we can get this fixed.  Based on this, are there
> any other properties that we need to be concerned about?  Looking at the code,
> I only see the pci.device_class property being referenced.

Yes, that should give us much of what we need (at least to first
order).  We also need to be able to identify input devices.  And at
some point we should probably also look at USB video card devices too.
 Please see the following for some information about the PCI
namespace:
http://people.freedesktop.org/~david/hal-spec/hal-spec.html