Re: [gdm-list] Gdm hanging on startup.

hyjial:

If you are seeing the same problem with any display manager,
then it is doubtful that the problem is specific to GDM.  So
this forum is probably not the best place to seek help.

It could be a problem with how power management is working
since power management is probably causing your computer to
enter a low-power state after some time, and when your
computer wakes up the keyboard and mouse are not being
enabled properly.  So you might try contacting the people
who work with the power management system used by your OS.

Brian

Thanks for your answer, Brian.
I have doubled checked the X logs, but there is
nothing : the only changes are the memory ranges that
are allocated.
Well, that may be that I've not been precise enough
about what I call "screen turns void". Actually, when
starting X via a display manager, the screen blanks
for a really short time before displaying the login
prompt. My problem is that the screen remains blank
when the computer is started for the first time. Maybe
it is clearer that way. Thus, there is no problem when
leaving a session idle.
I've had the same problem with any display manager I
have tried : gdm, kdm, xdm, wdm.
Hyjial.

gdm-list mailing list
gdm-list gnome org