Re: [gdm-list] user startup script

Josh:

It looks like only root can modify scripts in the PreSession
directory, but I don't have root on this system. Does GDM support a
user script like this that I can set up without root access?

Correct.  You need root access to modify these files.

You might be able to use your $HOME/.profile or $HOME/.cshrc file
(depending on which shell you are using) to set values you want to
set when you are logging in.  I think these are the only files
that users without root access can modify to affect their login.

Brian