Re: [gdm-list] gdm and -ignoreABI for Xorg in Fedore Core 6

Hello Ryan,

Ryan Lortie wrote:
> Try this:
>
> grep -r '\[daemon\]' /etc
>
> This should find any gdm config file living in /etc.  It may find some
> other things like gnome-vfs modules, but there should not be too much to
> sift through.

Only /etc/gdm has an empty [daemon] section.
custom.conf has taken the place of gdm.conf I found while googlin'.

But I fixed the gdm issue.
I reinstalled an older Matrox driver that had no ABI issue (except for
the HAL).
Then I ran gdmsetup.
Under Security -> Configure X Server... the Command can be edited.

custom.conf now has at the bottom:

[server-Standard]
name=Standard server
command=/usr/bin/Xorg -audit 0 -ignoreABI
chooser=false
handled=true
flexible=true
priority=0

With this entry the situation is like it was before the FC6 upgrade: one
big desktop over two screens.

Thanks for the responses!

Udo