[gdm-list] FC5+ATI+Xgl+GDM Fight

Hi:

I very interesting in work with Xgl on my FC5 laptop, but I fighting with this for a week and I still have problems.
My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 6400 with a ATI Mobility Radeon X1300, after deal with this a lote, now I have 3D HW aceleration enable with the ATI propietarie driver fglrx 8.25.18. glxgears report about 1300 fps, and quake work like a charm.
But my problem now I think is related to gdm, becouse I can't boot my system in level 5, I have to start in level 3 and then do a startx, so Xgl claim with this error:

(process:2823): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: gtype.c:2215: initialization assertion failed, use IA__g_type_init() prior to this function
(process:2823): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_new: assertion `G_TYPE_IS_OBJECT (object_type)' failed
Can't find the PID file in the configuration file, going to try:
/var/run/gdm.pid
/var/run/gdm.pid doesn't exist, perhaps GDM isn't running

and also i think that may I have some other problem with GDM becouse if I run gdmsetup, I get a mesage about "Can't read configuration file, trying 1-4" or something like this. I read about this kind of problems with gdm and the ati drivers, but I don't know if I can do something else to fix gdm configuration, or jump gdm for xgl, or some other paqage, script....?

I want to help with this XGL+FC proyect, and if I achieve this I commit to write a guide in spanish and english.

...Some updates:
The problem is related with fglrx and GDM, if I use vesa driver GDM work perfectly, but with fglrx gdm stop working correctly.
Recently I update my gdm FC5 paquage, now I can boot in runlevel 5, but when gnome is loading stop responding when is loading the "Window Manager", if I turn my inittab to level 3, gnome work fine again. And is very strange, becouse if I start in level 5, KDE load correctly and if I run gdmsetup from kde, gdmsetup start correctly, but from gnome gdmsetup sen me a message like "Can't conect to socket...1-4"...and then "Can't read configuration file..."

Please tell me what other info can I post related to the problem I also a little confuse with the gdm configuration file in Fedora (FC5), the conf file is in severall places...

Any ideas??
In advance thank you very much.

Help please, Mauricio from Chili
buho-1 entelchile net