Re: Login Warnings (repost)

Tom:

Is there any control the sys admin has over the warning messages for
password issues?  I did get a password expiration warning and a delay to
read the message when attempting login, but now the message flashes away
as the login continues.

Could you describe the behavior a bit more clearly.  Normally gdm2 displays
the warning message in the text region of the login screen.  Is it throwing
up a pop-up for a specific message?  If so, what's the message?  If the
login program doesn't actually start the user's session, there's usually
no reason to display the message in a pop-up.  the pam-warning or pam-error
fields could also be used.

The sysadmin can't control the delay a popup will display currently.  It
seems a reasonable feature if you want to make a patch.

I have added some pam stuff for password strength checking and password
failed attempts.  I also added a patched version of pam_tally.so from
Tomas Mraz.

I see no attachments.

Is there any pam thing that needs to be done to ensure successful
interface with gdm?