Re: Logout (repost)

Tom:

Is it possible now (or would it be feasible to patch gdm) for gdm to
logout a user after a certain period of inactivity?

I know xscreensaver will do it but the user can override its settings.
I would like to set an automatic logout policy as administrator.

GDM currently does not support this feature.  It seems a reasonable
feature to add, so if you or someone creates a patch, I'd be happy to
apply it.  You must add it as an option to the gdm.conf file with the
feature turned off by default.  You must also update the gdm.xml file
with documentation about the new feature and configuration option.
The gdm.xml file is in the docs/C directory in the gdm2 CVS module.

Brian