Re: [gdm-list] gnome-session or gdm shutdown?

Thank you very much for the reply, that helped explain things a lot.
Setting SystemMenu=false in gdm.conf nicely disables the shutdown
options in the gnome-session logout, which is what 99% of what we want
and plenty good for now.

I'll try to contact the Ubuntu developers to get their
SecureSystemMenu patch into the main branch.  If that option was
integrated fully, then we could have password protected logout
from the gdm login screen enabled, but disable the logout option for
normal users upon gnome-session logout.

Thank You,
Michael Pardee
1-888-323-1742