PostSession script support fades out from 2.4 to 2.6?

I'm a newbie to this list... be gentle ;-)

I'm curious about the following behavioral change in gdm:

2.4.1 (rh9): User hits ctl-alt-backspace and the PostSession scriptlets are
run as the session terminates.

2.6.0 (rhel4): PostSession scriptlets are never run unless the user does a
clean logout.

Based upon debug output to syslog (2.6 version), it would appear that any
keystroke that maps to Terminate ends up as a call to gdm_slave_quick_exit
instead of gdm_slave_session_stop.

This behavior seems contrary to the current documentation and to past
behavior.  Is it a bug introduced by the new server management methods, or am
I missing something?

In practice, I've found ctl-alt-backspace is a more common way for a normal
user to exit their session than to use any logout widget.  It seems wrong to
me that ctl-alt-backspace effectively circumvents PostSession.

Is there a gdm.conf way to get gdm 2.6 (or later) to go ahead and process the
PostSession directory upon terrmination?