Multihead setup - config GDM to use only 1 head?

Hi All,

I appologize in advance, but I've not searched the archives before posting this to this list -- my first ever post. I tried, but could not find a search tool on the lists.sunsite.dk website and listing by threads only yielded entries from Feb 2005: http://lists.sunsite.dk/cgi-bin/ezmlm-cgi?19:dds:0:200502#b.

I would like to know if it's possible, and how, to configure GDM to run only on screen :0.0 and have the bare Xserver on screen :0.1. My desire is to use the screen :0.1 to display images with a projector and I don't want any windows in the projected image, just a picture (such as a slide viewer). If the configuration I suggest is possible, could someone steer me towards getting this setup properly?

Currently I have two identical desktops (i.e. Xcinerama=off) as this seems to be the default behavior of GDM. As mentioned above, I'd like to have my desktop on screen :0.0 remain unchanged and have nothing but the Xserver (no window manager/desktop on screen :0.1) so that I can use "display" from ImageMagick to place pictures on that head/screen.

I run an up-to-date FC4 installation and have a single GeForce-based video card.

Thanks in advance,
Rick