Re: gdm console login

I haven't read the whole thread, but I thing I've undertood it enough to
pu my 2 cents:

Bob: If you can live with the overhead of having gdm (wich needs the
"power-hungry" X running) you could live with the "overhead" of
starting a light desktop
like the default "twm" (it's twm, right?) wich will get you the xterm.