Re: gdm 2.6.0.8 compile error

Hi Brian,

Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction!

>  From the error messages, I think the problem is that you do not have
> the XInput extension installed in your Xserver.  The GDM2 gesture
> listeners depend on XInput devices because many people with accessibility
> needs use alternative keyboard/mouse devices to interact with the
> computer.  So, installing this extension would be perhaps the simplist
> way to fix this.  The configure script should probably notice this
> problem and complain about it so you don't hit the problem at compile
> time.

I believe this is what happened, even if I don't get to understand why
xinput extensions didn't get compiled in my xorg. I will try to
investigate further...

> If you don't need accessibility support, there is really no need to
> build or install the gesture listeners at all.  So you could hack
> GDM to not build or install these modules.  If you added a configure
> option to disable building/installing them, that would be a reasonable
> change that could go into CVS head,
That would be really great, but I fear it goes over my capabilities...

> or if you just want to hack your
> build to get around this problem you could change your Makefile to
> avoid going into this directory.

I will go through this "dirty way" if nothing else is possible...
Thank you again for your help, I was really lost...

Francesco